RN to BSN Prerequisites & Requirements
Applicants much have an Associate degree (A.D.N.) or diploma in nursing, current NCLEX-RN license and completion of the following nursing pre-requisite courses:
- English Composition (6 credits)
- Humanities (9 credits)
- Introductory, General or Lifespan Psychology (3 credits)
- Introductory or General Sociology (3 credits)
- Fundamentals of College Mathematics or higher (3 credits)
- Electives (may transfer up to 27 credits)
- Chemistry or Biochemistry with lab (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I and II with labs (8 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- U.S. and Nevada Constitution Requirement (3 credits)
Total credits = 73
Minimum GPA of 2.75
Forty (40) upper division credits will be allocated towards the BSN degree with verification of RN licensure via NCLEX examination. This allocation of upper division credit by exam is applicable exclusively to the BSN degree at Roseman University. Any RN-BSN student with a prior baccalaureate degree should contact the College of Nursing’s Admissions department for more information at email@example.com.
Required Technology Equipment for the College of Nursing RN to BSN Program
The College of Nursing RN to BSN students are required to have a personal laptop computer* and a reliable connection to the internet available for use in completing online coursework. Students who already own laptops are welcome to use them provided the laptop has the minimum requirements for the applications used in the program. Students may purchase any brand, make or model of laptop as long as it meets the minimum recommended specifications. Roseman University has educational discounts available with Dell and Apple. For more information, please visit our website.
- Windows or Apple current supported operating system
- Microsoft Office
- Roseman University students are eligible to receive Office 365.
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash
- Java Runtime Environment
- It is recommended to purchase an extended warranty/service plan for your laptop.
Please note that Roseman University Technology Services DOES NOT provide technical support on personal equipment/devices.
*Tablets (iPad, Surface Pro, etc.) may be an acceptable device to use in place of a laptop; however, the minimum requirements must still be met.